Collected by Debra Stoleroff from Andrea Serota
Reprinted from Plainfield Co-op Newsletter: Fall 2010
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or 1/2 cup yogurt/milk combo
- 4 TBL melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Add egg/milk mixture to the flour mixture
- Mix the mixtures
- Add 1 1/2 cups apples (cut up into 1/4 – 1″ pieces)
- Can also add raisins, walnuts, cinnamon, cloves or nutmeg as desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Topping: mix walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon