Collected by Debra Stoleroff, Adapted from The Silver Palate Cookbook by Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins
Reprinted from Plainfield Co-op Newsletter: Fall 2021
- 4 TBL butter
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 1-2 lbs chopped carrots (peel if you prefer)
- 4 cups chicken stock (alternative veggie stock)
- 1 cup orange juice
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- grated orange zest
- Melt the butter in a pot. Add the onions and sautee until tender.
- Add carrots and chicken stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are very tender.
- Pour the soup through a strainer. Put the solids into a blender or food processor. Add a cup or so of the soup stock and blend until smooth.
- Return puree to the soup pot . Add the orange juice and additional stock (2- 3 cups) until soup is of desired consistency.
- Add salt, pepper and orange zest to taste. Simmer until heated through.