Collected by Debra Stoleroff from Andrea Serota
Reprinted from Plainfield Co-op Newsletter: Fall 2010
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 2 medium firm, ripe pears cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 TBL grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Bring water, sugar, salt, ginger and cinnamon to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the cranberries and pears; return to boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium; simmer until slightly thickened and about 2/3 of the berries have popped open (about 5 min.)
- Transfer to a bowl, cool to room temperature. Makes about 2 3/4 cups.