Collected by Debra Stoleroff from Melissa Gosselin
Reprinted from Plainfield Co-op Newsletter: Winter 2021
Melissa always brings good food to potlucks. She recently brought this yummy, warm, winter appetizer to an event. I liked them so much I asked if I could share the recipe with Co-op members. I was surprised how simple the recipe was. — Debra Stoleroff
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 white or crimini mushrooms
- 8 oz package of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 or more cloves of garlic
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and dry the mushrooms.
- Destem the mushrooms, cutting off any imperfections from the stems.
- Mince the stems very fine.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of oil in pan.
- Mince 1 clove of garlic (or more if you’re a garlic lover).
- Add minced stems and garlic to pan and cook until water is released. Don’t overcook.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then add the cream cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, some salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Top each mushroom with mixture.
- Bake at 400 ̊ for 20 minutes.